Code of Ethics
The Australian Electrical Industry relies on the integrity and quality of Licensed Electrical Contractors. As a Master Electrician you must set an example of the qualities that customers and the regulator would desire.
The following ideology forms the basis of the Master Electricians Program:
- Maintain public safety by ensuring that your standard of workmanship is beyond reproach with all work complying with the Australian Standards and Statutory legislation.
- Bring to the attention of the proper authorities the existence of any electrical conditions which are unsafe to life and property.
- Provide customers with the most energy efficient solution which will satisfy their specified needs. Remain abreast of improving solutions and new technologies.
- Provide a minimum 12 months workmanship guarantee.
- Always provide a punctual service to customers and provide high level communication regarding site attendance.
- Provide reasonable assistance in cases of emergency, to fellow members, other contractors and members of the public.
- Remain professional when soliciting work from potential customers.
- Dutifully train, provide encouragement to, and support apprentices and staff to improve work practices and raise the standard of the work performed in the Industry.
- Actively support, and at all times, preserve and uphold the reputation and brand image of Master Electricians Australia Pty Ltd, and ECA.
- Uphold the highest levels of safety, security and confidentiality for both your workers and the public.
- Ensure any grievance against the Association or another member is in accordance with the published dispute resolution procedure. Externally defend the integrity of your association and other members.
- Leave any workplace as you found it, in a clean, tidy, and safe condition.
- Be fully identifiable as a Master Electrician through having the Master Electricians logo on vehicles, uniforms and advertising.
- Display this Code of Ethics openly in your place of business.