Our heavy duty roller shutters have been designed to withstand high velocity wind conditions that are common to open exposed sites. Ideal for warehouses, factories, mines, carpark entries and loading docks.
- Made from strong interlocking galvanised steel slats in deep rounded profiles of 75mm or 100 mm widths.
- Windlocked every second slat.
- End clips provide lateral movement of the slats and windclips are specially adapted clips which hook into the side guide and lock the shutter when wind pressure increases.
- Spans widths up to 14000mm in single opening.
- Mullions can be installed to allow unlimited spans to be covered with a number of individual shutters or to break large spans into a number of smaller openings.
- Heavy-duty bearings and chain are standard to compensate for increased loads.
- Has easily repairable components – a full range of spare parts are readily available from our service department.
- Ventilation or viewing panels may be incorporated into the curtain panel if required.
- Tested in conjunction with AS1170 at University of New South Wales Structural Test facility, Sydney.
- Powdercoat or polyurethane finish.
- Winch and sliding mullions allowing more doors in a single span.
- Two point bottom rail locking (not recommended on motorised doors).
- Windlock guides for resistance to high wind situations (included) – see Technical Information for details.
- Extra wide guides can be used as an alternative to windclip guides.
- Special cut out splayed bottom rail, rail to shape the door over gutters at the side of driveway.
OPTIONS FOR MOTORISED DOORS ONLY
- Smoke trip opening relay for ventilation air for smoke extraction.
- Dock leveller cut-out switch to prevent leveller dock operation when shutter is closed.
- Automatic operation through logic control box.
- Touch sensitive auto reversing bottom rail.
- Photo electric safety beams.
- Proximity key readers.
- Individually coded remote hand transmitters for easy addition and deletion of separate units.
- Key operated isolating switch to enhance security.
- Outside key switch for external operation of door.
- Auto close.
By motor – various capacities dependent on size of shutter.
By chain – using reduction chain box with endless galvanised chain.
Door type: TYPHOON roller shutter
Roller: 165mm, 219mm or 273mm seamless drawn tube housing counterbalanced springs
Roller Axle: 39mm or 45mm diameter solid mild steel
- 75mm x 1mm profile fitted with steel windclips
- 100mm x 1mm profile fitted with steel windclips
Guide: Thompsons Windlock guides
Bottom Rail: 50mm x 50mm x 6mm galvanised steel angle
Brackets: 8mm – 12mm mild steel plate
Motor – 3ph 415V 1.5HP (1.1kw) up to 3ph 415V 5HP (4.0kw) motor unit fitted with emergency hand chain and reversing direct on line push button switch.
Chain – Reduction chain box with endless galvanised hand pull chain
- Standard Galvanised
- Powdercoated (pre-finished)
- Polyurethane (painted on site)
- Sliding steel shootbolt locking (not recommended on motorised doors)
- Locking through gearbox on motorised doors