Metering upgrades are usually performed when you want to control your energy loads which in turn control your usage charges. Also, metering upgrades can be used to split metering for new granny flats or the alike. Amalgamated metering can also be done to consolidate energy consumption.

Do I have to change my meter?

Yes, your meter will need to be replaced if your current meter is not capable of bi-directional (two-way) energy measurement. National Market rules state that when bi-directional energy flows occur a meter capable of measuring this energy must be installed. This metering arrangement ensures all energy flows comply with National Market standards.

How do I get a gross or net meter?

Contact an GBE Group (authorised Level 2 ASP contractor) – we will order a new gross or net meter from and arrange for its installation. The costs associated with the installation of the meter are your responsibility.